Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Lost Generation" - a backwards poem

Below is a video of this poem being read. it was made for an AARP U@50 video contest but has reached so much more. last night Ken showed the video and handed out the words so we could follow along. it does look slightly confusing when its written but when its recited; its amazing! i challenge you to read/listen to this poem and share it with other people, no matter how young or old they are. i dare you not to be a part of a lost generation but to strive for excellence and purity in everything you do. if not for anyone else than for Jesus, the one who created you to be excellent.



"Lost Generation"

START: I am part of a lost generation and I refuse to believe that I can change the world

FINISH: But I can change the world and refuse to believe that I am part of a "Lost Generation"

I realize this may be a shock but
"Happiness comes from within"
is a lie, and
"Money will make me happy"
So in 30 years I will tell my children
they are not the most important thing in my life
my employer will know that
I have my priorities straight because
work
Is more important than
family
I tell you this
Once upon a time
families stayed together
but this will not be true in my era
this is a quick fix society
Experts tell me
30 years from now I will be celebrating the tenth anniversary of my divorce
I do not concede that
I will live in a country of my own making
In the future
Environmental destruction will be the norm
No longer can it be said that
My peers and I care about this earth
It will be evident that
My generation is apathetic and lethargic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.

And all of this will become true unless we choose to reverse it.

--> Go ahead; pass it on, share it with someone...i double-dog dare you! :)

No comments: