Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Wishes


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO POPPY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YYYOOOUUU!!!!!!!


today is the 70th birthday of the greatest guy i have ever met in my whole life. i know, i know...you're probably saying right now; "what does she know, she's only 18!" well, the truth is that i may know more about what i'm saying than anyone else. this man truly is the greatest guy i have ever met and will ever meet. he's my Poppy/Poop-Poop/Pop. no man can ever measure up to my standards if i were to base them solely on my grandfather.

you see, i love him and i will always love him; no matter how far down the road i go.
of course its gonna be hard but im gonna make it. i know it may sound so weird coming from me because he was 'only' my grandfather but that is the farthest thing from the truth. he raised me up to be the woman i am today. everything i do, i know how to do it because he showed me how. those dayz of me asking him questions are over and now all's i have are pictures and memories which i pray will never leave me.

im writing this right now because im just so overwhelmed. for about the past week and a half ive been thinking about how id react to this day. ive kinda been dreading its arrival.
if i was back in PA, id be waiting up til midnight with my mom and probably getting ready to go to his grave site. or...if he was still alive, no matter where i was, id be waiting up til midnight to pick up the phone and call him as soon as those hands on the clock came together. so now, im writing this @ 1116p; just waiting til midnight. i can't call him or go see him when i want but i sure can wish i could!

theres so many things that have happened so far this year that he's missed and i just wish i could pick up the phone like i used to and call him to tell him or just call him when i was feeling lonely...heck, i would just call him to hear the sound of his voice.

ok...im done because im crying way too much to keep telling it like it is. like i said, im writing this @ 1122p on 7/30 but it won't be posted until 12a on Friday July 31st, 2009.

No comments: